Venturing Advancement consists of four separate
- The Venturing Bronze,
Gold, and Silver Awards are available to all
youth (male and female) in the Venturing program.
- The Ranger Award is also available to all youth in the Venturing
program, but is primarily for members of Outdoor Crews.
- Sea Scouting has its own advancement program for youth members
(male and female) of Sea Scouting Ships. While Viking Council does not have
any Sea Scouting Units, you can visit the Sea Scouting
site for details.
- Any male Venturer who has achieved the First Class rank as a Boy
Scout in a troop or Varsity Scout in a team may continue advancement toward
Star, Life and
Eagle Scout ranks up to his 18th birthday.
- He must meet the requirements as prescribed in the official Boy
Scout Handbook and the current Boy Scout Requirements book.
- The Venturer may fulfill leadership requirements by serving as
president, vice president, secretary, or treasurer of his crew.
- The Scoutmaster conference will be conducted by the Advisor.
- As the Venturer meets requirements for the Star and Life ranks, a
board of review will be conducted by the crew.
- The Eagle board of review shall follow the procedures established by
the Viking Council BSA.
web site is a volunteer effort. Suggestions for improving
the site are welcome! Please email your comments to the
Problem reports may be sent to the
Webmaster. Our goal is to improve communications and to
advance Scouting in the
Thank you for your input!