This award requires elements of Training, Performance and Tenure:
Serve as a registered assistant Cubmaster for one
year and a registered Cubmaster for one year, or serve as a registered
Cubmaster for two years. Dates of service used to earn one key or award
cannot be used to earn another key or award.
- Complete "The New Cubmaster" Fast
- Complete basic training for Cubmasters.
- Complete Youth Protection training.
- During each year of tenure for this award,
participate in a Cub Scout Leader pow wow or university of Scouting,
or attend at least four roundtables.
- As a Cubmaster or assistant Cubmaster in a
pack, earn the national Quality Unit Award at least once.
- Earn the National Summertime Pack Award at
- Plan and conduct pack meetings during each year
registered as Cubmaster.
Return to the top of the page
ScoutingBSA.org web site is a
legacy site of the Viking Council BSA, now Northern Star Council.
This site was the original council site and was active from 1996 to
2002 and run by volunteers. As the web became more important to
Scouting, the council took over with paid staff. This site is no
longer maintained but is an interesting snapshot of an early Scouting
web site. You can share your comments
on-line form or
send a message to the
Webmaster. Thank you